Serving: 8 slices
Total calories: 4,466;
Calories per piece: 558
PIE SHELL (CRUST):
All purpose flour: 1 cup
Margarine: 1/2 cup (cooled cubes)
Salt: 1/2 teaspoon (If margarine is salted, cancel the salt)
Iced water: 2 to 4 tablespoons
*NOTE* The video below shows how to make DOUBLE the amount of pie dough. The ingredients above is only half the amount to make 1 pie shell.
1. Put the flour in the food processor, add the salt and margarine, and pulse them till you have pea sized balls.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of iced water to conform a big ball and pulse that again so that the dough would come together. Add in another 1 tablespoons of water till it forms a ball. (The amount of water will vary from 2 to 4 tablespoons. Watch the video below to get an idea of how it is supposed to be).
4. Get the pie dough out of the food processor and shape it into a disc like shape. Wrap it up loosely in a plastic wrap and flatten it down by pressing with your hand to make it easier on you later when you use your rolling-pin.
5. Cool it in the fridge for an hour or overnight.
Egg: 3 eggs / Pecan/Walnut: 1 cup and a half
Margarine: 2 tablespoons (soft)
Vanilla: 1 teaspoon
Sugar: 1/2 cup
Corn syrup: 1/2 cup
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
2. Put the 3 eggs in a big bowl and blend them with a hand mixer.
3. Add the sugar and continue mixing with the hand mixer to incorporate the ingredients.
4. Two minutes later add the vanilla and margarine.
5. Add the cup of corn syrup and incorporate that into the mixture.
6. Add the pecan/walnut and stir.
7. Pour the filling mix into the pie shell and bake for 60 minutes.
SUGGESTION: Put a metal tray in the oven underneath the pie in case of leakage. This way your oven will stay clean.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SOURCE “Bake Like A Pro” 🙂