Learning a new language can be difficult, there are a lot of rules, ideas and new words to take in and it can get overwhelming.
Here are a few easy tips to help improve yourself every day:
1. Record yourself – you don’t always have to talk to someone else to speak your new language, record yourself speaking on a daily basis and listen back.
2. Write a diary – write a few sentences about your day, what you did, where you went, who you saw. Make a habit of it by doing it at the same time every day.
3. Use new words – practice the new words you learn by writing sentences and using them in conversation. Keep track of new words by putting them where you can see them (on the walls in your room etc).
4. Movies and music – listen to music you like in your new language and try to learn the lyrics. Watch movies too, you can use the subtitles option to read and look up any new words you don’t know.
5. Read, read, read – whether you like fashion magazines or local newspapers, try to read as much as you can. Be sure to choose things that actually interest you so you don’t get bored.
6. Vocabulary book – have a special book where you can write down new words you learn and their meanings.
7. Set goals – give yourself a target to achieve and work towards that. It could be learning how to spell a new word or learning to use a new phrase.