1 kg minced meat/chicken
1 medium onion
Mixed frozen vegetables (or fresh)
Bisto gravy granules (red pot)
Chilli powder (optional)
Shortcrust or puff pastry
- Dice the onions and add in the pot with the minced meat. Cook until brown.
- Add a little water and the Bisto gravy granules, stir until you get the consistency you like. Add more water/gravy if necessary.
- Add the mixed vegetables and let simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- Add a touch of salt and black pepper – taste as you go along.
- For a spicy kick add half a teaspoon on chilli powder.
- Get a dish that is about 2 inches deep and line the bottom with pastry.
- When the meat has cooled down add it to the dish and cover the top with another layer of pastry.
- Brush the top with egg for a crispy brown finish.
- Put in the oven for 30-40 minutes.