Serves 13 (4 muffins per person);
Total calories: 50 per muffin
It’s just too good to be true!!!
Just a week ago, I would have sworn that it is impossible to enjoy a mouth-watering dessert without feeling guilty.. and the fact that it is beneficial for your health drives me crazier! We grew up believing that delicious and healthy just don’t appear in the same sentence. It is either this or that!
It started when I found a very healthy recipe on YouTube. That’s when I got inspired and my mission to make it even healthier and enhance its flavors.
This recipe has ZERO sugar! ZERO flour! ZERO butter! That’s right!
I’m going to start off with the ingredients now and then talk more about them!
6 medium sized red apples
3 cups of whole oats (240 g)
1 cup of walnuts (127 g)
1 and a half cups of raisins (225 g)
2 sachets of Steviana sweetner
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/5 teaspoon vanilla powder
A pinch of salt
2 medium-sized eggs
1 low fat yogurt (170 g)
1/5 small lemon
About 1 and a half cups of water
Around 2 to 4 teaspoons of ground whole oats
- Improve Cardiac Health
- Aid In Diabetes Treatment
- Help Fight Cancer
- Help Treat Hypertension
- Improve Immunity
- Can Aid Weight Loss
- Promote Bone Health
- Enhance Sleep Quality
- Relieve Symptoms Of Menopause
- Boost Energy
and to learn more about the aforementioned health benefits AND find out how it can help your skin and hair, please click on the following link:
- Improve Heart Function
- Boost Bone Health
- Improve Metabolism
- Control Diabetes
- Reduce Inflammation
- Skin Care
- Weight Management
- Mood Booster
To read more, follow this link:
- Help In Digestion
- Reduce Acidity
- Help Against Anaemia
- Help Prevent Cancer
- Help Treat Infections
- Help Reduce Sexual Weakness
- For The Eyes
- For Your Mouth And Dental Care
- For Your Weight Management
- For Good Bones
To learn more about raisins, follow this link:
1. Put the yogurt in a bowl with 1 sachet of sweetener. Use whisk or a hand mixer to mix up the ingredients.
2. Add vanilla powder and whisked eggs and mix them up.
3. Peel and chop 3 apples into small cubes and put in a bowl. Add the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and the salt. Mix well.
4. Peel the remaining 3 apples and put in the blender. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 cup of raisins, around half a cup of water, and the second sachet of Steviana. Blend well.
5. Cook the blended apple/raisin juice on low heat and stir occasionally.
6. When the color darkens and the texture thickens (make sure it still has juice and is not dried out), strain it into a bowl.
7. Add the strained, blended, and cooked apples (step #6) into the bowl mentioned in step #1 and mix well.
8. Meanwhile, cook cubed apples in a pan, stirring occasionally, for about 5 -10 minutes until soft and juicy (half cooked) .
9. Strain into a bowl until it stops dripping.
10. Put the liquid (which resulted from step #9) into the pan and add 2 teaspoons of ground whole oats and whisk. Allow it to cook on a low heat till it starts to thicken. Add a teaspoon or 2 of ground whole oats if needed.
11. Add the cubed, cooked apples to the bowl mentioned in step #1.
12. Add the baking powder and the oats. Stir well.
13. Crush the walnuts into chunks and add them to the mixture.
14. Add the remaining 1 and a 1/4 cups of raisins to the mixture and stir well.
15. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
16. Distribute the mixture into two 24 cup mini muffin pans (after spraying the pans with oil spray) and you will have some mixture remaining, which will make around 7 more.
17. Bake for 12 minutes. (or till the bottom part turns somewhat golden as shown in the picture)
18. Allow muffins to cool.
19. Heat the apple sauce (step #10) and add a little water if it becomes too thick. Put a teaspoon of the apple sauce on each muffin to decorate them and add extra, natural sweetness.
Boost your energy and give your body the nutrients it needs as you enjoy this heavenly, delicious treat!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do! Enjoy! 😀